Actually, I’m sad because I haven’t blogged in so long. See, I have an art blog, but sadly its been lying dormant for a while because my chillins, having a baby, homemaking, and homeschooling have demanded my attention. But I wouldn’t have it any other way. I’m having a blast with all the things I have to do! 🙂
But, here I am again! I’ve been mulling over starting a homeschooling blog for several days now and I think I’m ready to jump in and do it! Of course, it will have more than homeschooling. I’m sure I’ll have days of random thoughts and pictures to get out. It will be nice to have a place to put all these thoughts that jump around in my head like the Pong game…but with lots more balls. In fact, I’ll start with some randomness today to get the wheels ‘a spinnin!
I have some goals…or maybe I’ll just call them some things I wanna try and do…maybe.
1. I want a better way to organize my homeschooling plethora of books and supplies that are slowly taking over our home. See, originally I had this wonderful idea of doing school time in my boys room with them, but honestly that’s their space to play and I don’t enjoy doing school in there. I enjoy sitting around the dining room table where we all have room to spread out. And since we do school often, I tend to leave a big stack of current books in the dining room.
I also have a bookcase in the living room overflowing with stuff…
And the boys closet is overflowing with things we don’t use as much….
Not to mention the boys bookshelf is also in the living room…
My thoughts are to get a wall shelf for the dining room to keep the current stuff out of site but close, to reorganize the shelves in the boys closet getting our office stuff out of there, and to put a curtain on the bookshelf in the living room. Any other ideas?! Please share!
2. I am thinking of Starbucks right now.
3. I need to figure out what fall veggies I can plant, and what herbs to put in my cool flower pots that I got for free off of craigslist that are sitting on my back patio full of dirt and nothing else…(The pots came filled with white landscaping rocks that are now adorning our backyard tree and patio. Woot! Gotta love free stuff!)
4. I try and focus on no more than one specific job or chore for each day. Monday is laundry day, for example. But I’ve realized that I’ve neglected an area that I really WANT to spend more time in…the kitchen! I mean, yea, I clean it, but I am now going to set aside my Tuesdays as days where I focus on cooking things ahead of time and possibly even making some freezer meals! I’m so excited about it! :oD
5. I want to post all of the cool homeschool links that I’ve had bookmarked forever so that others can have some resources to look at. It can be really overwhelming and a lot of people don’t enjoy the research side of things, but I LOVE it and want to share what I find!
“Hi, my name’s Candi and I’m a research junkie.” 🙂